Engaging. Authentic. Dynamic. Valuable. Real. Fun.
These are the reactions we get from our speaking engagements. Each presentation is designed to have each participant applying the topic to their own lives, interacting with each other, and leave with something that will make a difference in their lives within 24 hours.
Hot topics are:
- Managing Up
- Producing Results as a True Leader
- Leading Change with Resiliency and Influence
- Powerful Requests – Powerful Results
- The True Leadership Model: Inspiring Results
- Maximize Your Results with a Strong ROE? (Return on Energy)
- Better than Balance: Life Integration
- Finding Your Voice As A Female Leader
Effective leaders learn how to manage in all directions, especially up. There are obstacles (real and perceived) to managing up and there are things we can do every day to positively influence the relationships we have with our bosses. In this workshop participants will:
- Identify effective behaviors to manage up
- Clarify influence and what it means to be influential
- Distinguish obstacles to effectively managing up
True Leaders know their source of inspiration, are aware of their strengths and weaknesses, and they know how to take action to produce results. However “how” they produce results is what sets them apart as a True Leader. A True Leader knows how to leverage their strengths as well as others’ key strengths. In this workshop participants will:
- Identify the elements of true leadership
- Produce results by focusing on clear requests and agreements
- Be able to influence others while positively building their leadership reputation.
In business today the only true constant is change. When employees are faced with never ending change they feel stressed and overwhelmed. Leaders feel this even more acutely because they are sandwiched between the senior leaders making the decisions and the line staff most impacted by each and every change. Embracing change is a skill and not a personality quirk. In this workshop participants will:
- Recognize the necessity of embracing change
- Deal effectively with the uncertainties of change
- Expand their circle of influence in any circumstance
Women are natural networkers and relationship builders. They share information openly and collaborate instinctively on almost anything. In fact, they are GREAT networkers and connectors. But why do some women shy away from making clear, strong, and powerful requests. When asked why they do this, many women say they do not want to appear pushy or overly aggressive. The truth is, women who learn to make powerful requests are seen as successful, committed, and accomplished. In this workshop participants will:
- Learn how to make clear and powerful requests
- Recognize where they need to clean up their own communication
- Say yes when they mean yes and no when they would typically cave and say yes
Women are great leaders. Studies show that when organizations have 3 or more women on their boards or in leadership positions, they produce better results. So if we know women are great leaders, studies prove it, governments mandate it . . . why do so many women resist it? Leadership is not a one-size fits all discipline. Women must be clear about who they are as a leader and how to connect with others while leveraging strengths.
In this workshop participants will:
- Learn to deepen their connection to their mission and purpose
- Define their leadership mantra
- Understand their core leadership values and what it will take to lead from them
What’s energy got to do with it? EVERYTHING. All activities and actions are not created equal; some are worth 2x what others provide. Smart leaders learn where their energy sweet spot is and also learn how to maximize it on a daily basis. When we are powerfully choosing any action it has a strong ROE? – even tasks we don’t necessarily view positively. In this workshop participants will:
- Understand what provides them with a strong ROE? (Return on Energy?)
- Learn to reshape their day using Choice Management
- Define high impact ROE activities – where 1+1 equals more than 2
How do I achieve work-life balance? This is the universal question women ask and the truth is . . . “you don’t”. In the high tech, non-stop world we live in, most of us feel compelled to “fit it all in” and “do it all.” So we search for the magical and elusive answer. In this session we’ll look how to practice life integration, so the unified whole of your life is a creative blend that represents your values, priorities and desires.
In this workshop participants will:
- Have a clear picture of where their life is working and where it is out of balance.
- Learn to integrate their roles and their activities for more satisfaction.
- Recognize areas where they can stop doing things that are no longer high value activities.
Excellent leaders are clear, collaborative, inclusive, and decisive! They trust their instincts and have earned the right to lead by creating environments and teams based on trust and consistently producing results. Each of us has the capacity to lead. At the core of this leadership is an unwavering understanding of who we are, what we stand for, and how our unique gifts add value to the organization. In a word; leaders are confident. In this workshop participants will:
- Identify their unique strengths and talents
- Learn to ensure your message is clear and heard
- Grow your confidence as a leader!
Here’s a list of organizations that have contracted us to speak at their events:
- Friesland Campina
- McDonald’s Corporation
- Metropolitan Capital Bank
- Mesirow Financial
- Nicor Gas
- NiSource Inc.
- Step Up
- TD Securities
- The United Way
Contact us to discuss speaking at your next event.